While it is very important to nurture relationships throughout the whole year, Thanksgiving reminds us to reach out and share our gratitude. We have put together 7 things that you can do today to let your network know how much they mean to you.
1. Endorse your connections on LinkedIn – Be sure to choose skills that you know your connection has and that you have personally experienced. Below is how to do this:
- Visit your connection Profile
- Scroll down to the Skills section of a connection’s profile.
- Click the name of the skill, or the + symbol next to the skill.
- Rate them Good, Very Good, or Highly Qualified
- Choose how you worked with them
2. Make warm introductions to your connections that can benefit from knowing each other. It can be in a LinkedIn message or in an email. Just copy them both with a small description of each ( you can pull information right from their LinkedIn summary) and explain why you think it would be a positive connection for both of them.
3. Engage on and with their content, like their discussions and publications, tweet and share their posts on LinkedIn. Make sure you add your thoughts in comments as well. Your network has spent a lot of time and energy in putting their content out, the fact that you spent the time to read it and participate is very much appreciated.
4. Recommend your connections on LinkedIn – there is not much more that is appreciated than a testimonial on LinkedIn, but again, make sure it sincere. This is a fantastic way to thank your vendors this season!
5. Send Them Valuable Content! Giving the gift of a resource can go a long way, but make sure it is chock full of insights that are not focused on what you want to tell them, but what they want to hear! This can not be a pitch in disguise, make sure there is plenty of value that they receive even if they don’t talk with you.
6. Send them a personalized video – from the mobile app, you can visit their profile, click on message, then +, click on the video icon, click selfie mode and record a quick Happy Thanksgiving message. This little touch can go a long way in reconnecting with your network.
7. Give Kudos. There is a new feature that allows you to show your appreciation for your connections publicly.
There are 10 kinds of Kudos at the moment on LinkedIn, each represented by a little colorful picture that shows the type of Kudos:
- Thank You
- Going Above and Beyond
- Inspirational Leader
- Team Player
- Great Job
- Making Work Fun
- Amazing Mentor
- Outside the Box Thinker
- Great Presentation
- Making an Impact
- From their profile click on the More Button
- Choose Give Kudos
- Choose the Kudos You’d Like to Give
- Customize Your Message
- This will be public for both of your networks to see
Thank you for being part of our community. Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not, we would like to show you our gratitude by offering you complimentary access to our LinkedIn Library.