If you agree that your network is your net worth, it might make sense for you to back them up every once in a while. Although there are a few extra steps with the New LinkedIn, the new changes allows you to back-up much of your activity and profile content as well as your contacts.
Here is what is included in the .csv file of your connections:
- First Name
- Last Name
- And Tags from the old version of LinkedIn if you used them
This is your data, make sure you own it! I recommend you put a monthly or quarterly recurring task on your calendar so you don’t forget.
CLICK HERE to Request your files.
Step-by-step to export your LinkedIn connections:
- Click the My Network icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click Your Connections Number on the left side.
- Click Manage Synced and Imported Contacts on the top right.
- Under Advanced actions on the bottom right, click Export Contacts.
- Choose Fast File or Fast File with Other Data.
- You may be prompted to sign into your account.
- Click Request Archive.
- You will receive an email to your Primary Email address within 10 minutes with a link to your privacy and settings section where you can download a zip file that includes a .csv file with your connections.
Take the time, it is worth it!