Steve Richard, Chief Evangelist & Co- Founder at ExecVision
Steve Richard is the founder of ExecVision & Vorsight. Steve’s mission and life’s work is to help as many sales teams as possible become wildly successful. He has been featured in numerous publications including The Harvard Business Review, The Washington Business Journal, and The Washington Post. Outside of work, Steve enjoys scuba diving, skiing, running, and watching lots of football. He lives in Arlington, VA with his wife Ellen and their four kids ages 5, 7, 9, and 11. Follow Steve’s one-minute sales tips of the day on LinkedIn.
Tips on improving your LinkedIn views:
1) Post daily
2) Post slides periodically because it increases dwell time
3) Mix up the format of the posts – some pictures, some text only, some videos, some polls, etc.
4) Use 4-10 hashtags # per post
5) Get the LinkedIn mobile app on your phone (regular LI and not navigator), then put it on a surface to get a selfie-style video that’s 45-90 seconds – snackable content wins
6) Do some at tagging, but not too much. It needs to flow in the posts.
7) It’s better to get comments that re-posts now. LinkedIn changed this a couple of years ago. When you share other people’s posts, it performs poorly.
8) The top two lines are the most valuable real estate. Make them catchy. Write your post first, then pick the line that hooks people in and copy/paste to the top.