In this episode…
In this episode, the Social Sales Link Team talked about “Social Listening,” this two-part series will teach you how to listen using your eyes.
Social Listening as a sales tool is about understanding what is meaningful to your target audience. In social listening, you need to understand that you have to share content that your audience wants to consume and there are several ways to do that.
* Leverage Google Alerts and you don’t have to pay thousands of dollars just to do a research on your target company. With Google Alerts, you’ll get the latest news and information as it gets published, and the best part is it will be delivered straight to your email!
* Leverage the Google search engine by searching about your target company, see what’s up and you’ll for sure get a ton of details and information about them.
* Check the latest news also from the Google News tab to see your target company’s press releases, any recent mergers and acquisitions, or if they won any award or have been recognised by an institution. Oftentimes you will find valuable information and most of the time, believe it or not, when you learn all of these things you will know if you want to build rapport with them or find out if in fact this is the company you really like to work with.
* Using your social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, can also help you socially listen to your target audience. By leveraging these platforms you will see their daily or weekly publishing, and you will be able to understand the content they’re consuming.
Bottomline is to figure out where your prospects are hanging out and start to truly listen to what it is that matters to them and start your conversations around that. This is not about your product, not about your service, just identify what is the content, the topics that they want to talk about and treat the person on the other side of the message the same way you would if they were on the other side of the table.
Tune in next week for the second part!
Important points on this video
Things you will learn in this episode:
* You don’t have to pay someone else money for researching a target company of yours. You can sign up for Google Alerts (google.com/alerts) and have the latest news and information that gets published about a company pushed directly to your email inbox. You can use that info for everything from your initial efforts to get a conversation to follow-up meetings you have with that company.
* When using social listening as a sales tool, you can learn about what matters to your targeted audience. Often we share content that we want to share, not what they want to consume. By taking the time to read what they share, what their company posts, and the content they engage in as well as how they represent themselves on their profile, we begin to understand their priorities and we can start more meaningful conversations.
* You can begin to resonate with your ideal prospects with your headline. Rather than having your title/position and the company you work for, you can make your headline more descriptive by including who you help, how you help them, the results you bring, and what you do.