Michael de Groot aka (@StayingAliveUK) is a master LinkedIn Trainer and Story Teller, and when I saw his simple to follow tutorial, I knew sharing it with my network would be very valuable. By following Michael’s advice, you will streamline meeting preparation, never miss a follow-up opportunity and leverage LinkedIn to build relationships – even better. Thanks Michael…
- Prepare, review and follow up on all your meetings using the LinkedIn app, even though you might not even be connected to them yet. The LinkedIn app, released in the Autumn of 2015, has received a fairly significant update that has gone almost unnoticed.
- If you have appointments in your calendar with either 1st or 2nd level connections and you have their email address in your Calendar, LinkedIn will locate them for you and serve up reminder cards in your ‘My Network’ tab.
- Note: The email must be a match on their LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn members often add their personal email as their primary not their business one. If you are in that camp you may wish to amend that.
- Below are simple text instructions for enabling the feature in addition to Michael de Groot’s video tutorial that will walk you through it step-by-step.
- Tap the Me tab in the navigation bar of the app.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Sync Calendar.
- Tap Sync your calendar to confirm.
- To remove calendar sources, follow the above steps and switch the sync calendar toggle to the left.
- There are also some real live examples of actual appointments from my diary (calendar), ‘prep for your meeting tomorrow’, ‘prep for today’s meeting’ and ‘you met with [connection’s name and yesterday’s date].
- The last one prompts you to send a follow up email as well.
VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW
Connect, engage and learn with Michael
LinkedIn Company Page:http://styin.me/linkedin-companypage